This is for the Self Employed, the Independent Contractors, the Straight Commission guys and gals. Say it Loud and Proud, they are paid on results and the good ones don't rest until they get results. In my opinion, these are the bravest professionals on the Planet. What is even more amazing is most of these folks wouldn’t have it any other way. Remember how it was when you worked in an office? In case you forgot, here are seven actual Sick Day excuses offered up by employees who are probably in the ranks of the unemployed by now:
1. I have a Science infection
2. I was sitting in the bathroom and my feet and legs fell asleep. When I stood up, I fell and broke my ankle.
3. I woke up in a good mood and didn’t want to ruin it.
4. I got stuck in the blood pressure machine at the grocery store and couldn’t get out.
5. I had a gall stone I wanted it to heal holistically.
6. I caught my uniform on fire by putting it in the microwave to dry.
7. I just put a casserole in the oven.
My personal favorite involved one of my Managers. He called in sick but I ran across him at a restaurant that night looking sunburned. “Did you play golf today?” I asked; his answer? “No…..why did you see me?”
Of course this is not to say there aren’t a few speed bumps that get in the way of being self employed. For example competition: It is good for business or it can kill a business.
In the case of Realtors, the number of competitors the average Realtor had to deal in their marketing area BI (Before Internet) 5 to 7000 give or take. The number of competitors the average Realtor now faces AI (After Internet) Bazillions give or take. They don’t call it the World Wide Web for nothing you know.
A formula for marketing success that cannot and will not fail!
Your marketing goal should be to make potential clients aware of you long before they consciously realize they need you. We are not in the business of selling, we are in the business of building relationships. For that to happen your marketing needs to be Targeted, Credible, Distinctive, and Dynamic. We can help you with that.